- The shape and function of foot/feet, wrist/hand or length of the limb may be affected due to a congenital condition or trauma.
- The Limb Reconstruction service at POACC uses external, non-removable frames to either lengthen, correct or hold a bone or joint in a new position. A frame may also be used to treat severe fractures. This technology can be used on its own or combined with other surgical procedures.
- After assessment in the POACC clinic, you are booked in advance for elective surgery.
- Limb reconstruction surgery has been performed at POACC, for over fifteen years. The Limb reconstruction process is multi-disciplinary, including a practice manager who works closely with the surgeons, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and orthotic specialist. Other members of the health care team are referred to as required.
- At POACC a formal pre-admission process is followed. The practice manager manages the preparation of patient and families for limb reconstruction, streamlines the admission and discharge process and provide ongoing care in the postoperative period.
- Our patients come from Khyber Pakhtoon Khoa, Afghanistan, Punjab, Quetta, Gilgit, Chitral and some areas of Sind which can provide a challenge in managing patients from a distance. It is hoped that this online information about POACC service of Limb Reconstruction goes part way in addressing the issues from far flung areas and becomes a useful resource for all.
If you would like yourself to be evaluated, or would like to explore our treatment options , contact our clinical coordinator at POACC.